Monday, October 06, 2008

Forget "To Do"

I'm a big fan of "to do" lists. I make them all the time. At the moment, I have three: sewing projects to be done, general "needs to be done at some point soon," and my list of things to do this week. Those are the written ones, plus I have one running in my head for things I'd like to get done today.

However, I'm going to switch it up a little. I often get a little anxious when thinking about those lists, and often many things are left undone, while others not on the list somehow are accomplished. Yes, I'll admit to sometimes adding those actions just to cross them off. There is definite satisfaction in that drawing that line through a word or two. Today instead of stressing about what I did not get done in the past few days that I wanted to, I'd like to share my "GOT DONE" list. Perhaps we'd all feel a little bit better about ourselves if we made lists like this!

GOT DONE:

  • Emptied out closet in sewing room in preparation for the creation of Dad's recording studio
  • With Mom, threw out two carloads worth of junk
  • Dropped off a whole bunch of stuff at the thrift store
  • Vacuumed closet and area directly in front of it
  • Did 5+ loads of laundry--washed, dried, and folded--most of which was fabric
  • Completed two rows in a crocheted cat blanket for the Humane Society
  • Read 48 pages of Anne of Green Gables
  • Interviewed for a steady babysitting job
  • Met with a couple whose wedding I'm officiating while picking a peck of apples
  • Made two loaves of beer bread
  • Moved bookshelf from sewing room into Mom's room and the bookshelf from there into living room, and unpacked DVDs and videos onto shelves
  • Watched 6 unlabeled tapes to see what they were and threw out 5
  • Cleaned up fallen tree in backyard
  • Sorted through and tried on some clothes in closet to see what to keep and what to get rid of
  • Stripped and re-made my bed
  • Sorted through old mail and cleared off part of dining room table

Yeah...when I look at it like that, I've gotten a heck of a lot accomplished! I feel much better...

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

  1. I should really do this. I feel like I'm doing a million projects at once, trying to get a few things done here and there. Though I feel like I should just sit down and complete one thing in order to cross it off - like my darn thank you notes that I still haven't finished, sigh. Alas, they'll get done, I'm sure...

    ReplyDelete