So after a lot of thought, I've finally written my list of resolutions/goals/intentions for the year. So what if we're more than two weeks into 2009? That just means I've really taken it seriously. I also found I started to get nervous about sharing them. It's a pretty personal process, and by letting others know what my goals are, I'm also letting them know if I don't reach them, which is a little scary.
So here they are, all 13 of them. It may seem like a lot, but they cover many areas in my life, and I've got 11 1/2 months to accomplish them...and hey, 13 is a significant biblical number. Without further ado...Sphere: Related Content
- Write every day for 30 minutes.
- At least until in a parish position, write one sermon per month.
- Once a week or more, post on my personal blog and Everyday Citizen.
- Learn to knit.
- Complete a 5k race.
- Finish all my UFOs (unfinished projects) from before 2009.
- Open a second Etsy shop for stoles, make 5 sales, and go to one conference or other event as a vendor.
- Expand first Etsy shop: add three new products, attend two craft shows, make 30 sales, join one Etsy team, have one item featured on the front page.
- Take the Jeopardy online test.
- Read 40 books.
- Do two projects in The Art Quilt Workbook.
- Be intentional about keeping in touch with people—respond to phone calls, e-mails, etc within 48 hours, and make definite plans rather than just saying we should get together.
- Learn to juggle.